CommBox’s system integrates artificial intelligence to provide the capability to perform a variety of automated functions with pre-set Rules that can be triggered by specific keywords or by a set component without the use of a script.
Depending on the chosen settings, these Rules can automatically send messages, tag, change call status, redirect to another channel, or run other CommBox applications (for example, chat, forms, etc.)
Each Rule is activated only if and when certain terminology mentioned in the conversation meets specific pre-set conditions. Only then will the rule be triggered.
- In case of a new conversation, the Rules only support Email and SMS channels.
- In the case of a new visitor, the Rules only support Chat channels (regular CB voice and video chat).
Whenever a term/phrase mentioned in a conversation triggers a particular Rule, it will be activated. The documentation for implementing the Rule will be displayed in the conversation itself (as a comment).
For example, in the screenshot above, documentation of a Rule which was activated after being triggered by a phrase found within an incoming email, this Rule was tagged, transferred to a third party, and changed the status of the conversation.
Additional details will be listed further on in this instruction manual.
1. Log in to CommBox’s Agent Workspace.
2. Click on the Settings icon located in the lower left-hand corner of the screen -
3. After clicking on the icon, the user will be redirected to the Modules list screen.
The Rules icon can be found underneath the Automation category (as seen in the screenshot above).
4. Next, click on +Rules Channel (as seen below) to create a new Channel.
5. Next, you will be redirected to the page where you can create new rule(s) subordinate to the Channel selected.
6. Click on +Add New Rule.
Under these circumstances (i.e., When and If):
- Under When in creating a new Rule, we will divide the Rules into two categories, one while When is set to a new conversation (applies to email and SMS only)
- And the other while When is set to a new visitor (applies to the voice and video chat only), contact channels and interactive navigation channels only
When: New conversation (applies only to email and SMS channels)
You must select channels on which the Rule(s) will apply.
Keywords - in media and the system, you will find the text that has been set here (SMS -located within the content of the message; in Email - the title only)
- An exact term/phrase is entered between quotation marks.
Example: Good Service, will trigger conversations that include the exact term/phrase “good service”.
- Spaces between each word (within the same set of quotation marks) mean that the keyword is composed of multiple words.
Example: Good Service will trigger all conversations which include the word service and the word good (the words are not required to be linked/one after the other).
- Commas are used to define relevance or connection.
For example: Good Service and Excellent Treatment will trigger all of the conversations, which include the term/phrase “Good Service” or “Excellent Treatment”.
- Minus signs (-) will be used to trigger adverse treatment/attitude.
Example: service will trigger all conversations, which include the word Service.
From - applicable only for Email.
The Rule will be triggered to check and verify that the email has been received at the pre-set email address selected here.
You can add several email addresses (use a comma to separate each email address.
You can also set the settings so that each email from a specific domain name will trigger the Rule by using an asterisk (*), hashtag (#), and the domain name.
Example: @Gmail.com* will trigger all of the emails sent from the GMail domain name. If the pre-set email address is email@example.com, only the emails sent from that email address will trigger the rule.
To - applicable only for Email.
Verification of the email can be initiated if the address defined in this field is an email address. Then the Rule will be triggered and advanced to the next stage.
For example, the Rule will be triggered if the email address firstname.lastname@example.org is present in the text field and when an email enters the system with this domain name.
You can also toggle the settings so that each email with a specific domain name will trigger the Rule because it includes an asterisk, hashtag, or the domain name.
You can also add multiple email addresses, using a comma to separate them.
You can choose all types of filters together in one Rule.
For example, we can create a rule that will check if the title includes keywords XXXX (according to the rules above), even if the email arrives from a specific email address and if one particular email address is written within the email. Afterward, we will continue to the next stage.
After verifying all the conditions, we can decide what the system will execute if all listed requirements are met.
1. Automatic messages - The pre-set automated messages will be sent to the customer.
2. Transferring conversation to a different channel - The ability to toggle the conditions to transfer the conversation to a different channel.
For example, if we received an SMS message which triggered the Rule(s), we can choose that the conversation will be transferred from the SMS channel (all SMS channels) to sales or a sales-related channel.
3. Status change - You can pre-set a status change.
For example, a conversation enters with the status ‘Open’. If and when the email title is ‘Test’ and triggers the Rule, the conversation will be transferred to the ‘Complete’ status.
4. Add a tag - We can pre-set that the conversation will be tagged with a specific tag.
For example, a conversation with the title, ‘I Want to extend the Subscription’ will be tagged with ‘Extend.
5. Transferring to an external third-party - Using an internal function of the system. This function will send an email to the set email address, along with the customer’s original message, and provide the option to add a response (a comment) in the conversation with the customer.
This feature changes the status of the conversation to be set as ‘Transferred to Assistance’ and will return to the regular line only after the reply to the message.
We can send a message and decide whether or not to allow a return message.
For example: setting the Rule so that each time the SMS channel recognizes the phrase Request to Expand Services, an email will be sent to the pre-set email address and the pre-set message listed here.
The email will arrive at the address email@example.com will appear like this:
After the third party has clicked on the pre-set section, the conversation will appear, and there will be an area where they can write a comment.
After the customer adds the comment, it will appear inside the conversation itself (to agents in the system, it will not be sent to the customer)
Circumstances: A new visitor chat (voice, video) the contact us channels and the interactive navigator channels only
1. Channels - Choose the channels which will be regulated by the rule(s)
2. Personalized incident - For use by the developers only. Contact your CSM for additional information.
3. Website address - You can toggle the Rule settings to only be triggered if and when the URL the customer arrives from meets the settings.
For example: If and when your chat is pre-set in more than one website, you can pre-set the Rule so that it will be triggered only for the URL www.YourWebsite.com
4. Channel’s situation - We can toggle the settings so that the Rule will apply if and when the channel situation is suitable (active, inactive, outside business hours, agents busy)
5. Time present on the webpage - You can toggle the settings so that the Rule will apply only after a certain amount of time spent on the webpage (in seconds).
For example, only if and when the customer spent 5 seconds on the website will you be transferred to the next stage of the Rule.
- Automated message - displays the pre-set message here if and when all pre-set conditions are met.
- Transferred to a different channel - transfers the channel in which the inquiry is listed.
- Open a widget - pop up the chat/video chat/navigator, etc., and open it for the customer.