In this article, we will show you how to connect a Facebook Page with CommBox's Agent Workspace and create a Channel within the Facebook module.
Stage 1: Connecting the Facebook account to CommBox’s system
Please note: If the relevant Facebook page is already connected to CommBox, please skip ahead directly to Stage 2 of this article.
Before we begin, please verify 3 things:
- The Facebook account you wish to integrate with CommBox is an admin of the relevant Facebook page.
- The account implementing the change is an admin of the CommBox Agent Workspace.
- If you would like to create a new page in the future, you may do so here: https://www.facebook.com/business/pages/set-up.
Stage 2: Connecting the Facebook Page with CommBox's Agent Workspace
Click on the Settings icon on the bottom left-hand side of the Agent Workspace.
Choose the Facebook module, and click on +Facebook Pages Channel.
You will need to add the admin’s Facebook account.
1. Afterward, a pop-up will appear requiring you to connect to Facebook with the relevant admin’s credentials.
2. After you’ve successfully connected to Facebook, you will be asked which specific Pages you would like to connect with CommBox’s system.
If this pop-up window prompt does not appear, click on Change Settings within the pop-up window. You need to grant permission to the relevant page and click Next.
3. Now, we need to define the specific permissions we are granting to Facebook. Please toggle each option to the relevant position.
Assuming we’ve completed all of these steps correctly, we should be able to see that the relevant account has been added to the Accounts list on the Agent Workspace’s User Settings page (as seen in the screenshot below).
4. Now you want to go back to the Module settings page. Click on the Settings icon in the lower-left corner of the Agent Workspace screen.
Stage 3: Creating the Facebook Pages Channel
1. Click on the Facebook page icon, then click on the + Facebook Pages Channel button. After this, the following screen will appear:
2. Next, choose the relevant Facebook Page, and click Save.
3. Once that is done, test the connection by posting a message on the Facebook account’s Wall and verify that it has been received and appears within the CommBox Agent Workspace inbox interface.
Once this is done successfully, you should be good to go!
Maximum conversation duration (seconds) - the time limit until which the conversation may continue
Number of digits without disabling sensitive information - When this option is activated, after closing an application on this channel, any number with an equal number of digits or greater than the quantity ordered will become asterisks (*) so that it does not store sensitive information.
Neutralize sensitive information on the agent side - Enable/disable the possibility that the agent entered numbers that will appear as asterisks after the status has been solved.
Primary SLA time (in seconds) - The time elapsed before receiving the first response
For example - when the conversation begins, the customer sends a message, i.e., Hi, the agent answers, how can I help you? (first answer)
Activate auto-assignment to agents - set whether to enable/disable the channel’s auto-assignment capability.
Enable the "assign replies to me" checkbox - a checkbox will be added to the line item titled assign responses to me.
Set the default state of the check box that will display - sets the default position of the checkbox to Auto-Assign responses to me (toggle on/off).
Duration of time before being reassigned to the agents - the conversation will be assigned to the agent who responded to the conversation if Assign Responses to me has been selected.
If the answer is on the condition of Time Duration before being reassigned back to the Agent (in minutes). If it exceeds this time, the conversation will not be assigned.
Ignoring the Special Auto-Assignment quota - activates the system feature. This overlooks the agent’s assignment quota and assigns conversations using the special auto-assignment feature.
Special auto-assignment contains five unique assignment types:
- Assign Responses to me.
- VIP customer - priority ticket
- Providing a direct link to the chat through the Knowledge Base
- Tracking settings
- Composing messages underneath the assigned responder is set to assigned to me.
Prioritize forwarded conversations - conversations that were forwarded from another channel will be given priority assignment on the new channel if the following conditions are met:
- The conversation is assigned to a agent while it is being forwarded
- The agent forwarding the conversation has no access to view the destination channel
If the conversation has met all the following criteria, it will receive priority above other conversations.
Are you looking for an expanded explanation of the Auto-Assignments module? Please feel free to view the relevant instruction manual.
If an Intentions module has been activated, the option to enable or disable the Intentions module in the channel will be added.
You will see these settings if the customer verification module is set up.
In combination with the Customer Verification module, this section determines the time from the moment of receipt of the Customer Verification (OTP) certificate until re-verification is required.
Interface support is necessary with our API and usually with your company's verification and customer approval service.
Enabled - Has a handled mark on a conversation, and after the customer’s response, the conversations will open as new or in the same thread.
Split will occur after X min of inactivity - When the field is set to 0, a conversation split will occur immediately. If the above switch is set to Off, no conversation split will occur.
Allow object splitting on public posts - This option enables the option of public posts to be split. This feature can be set to Off, Manual, or Automatic.
Allow for promotional posts - choose to allow or restrict for promotional posts to be posted on the Customer's Facebook Page. This can be toggled to off, to allow for all promotional posts, or only for promotions to be included in comments.
Number of days without activity to transfer an application to archive status: This section will define the number of days after an application on which status has been documented. No further action has been taken and will be transferred to Archive status (display management of filters can be found under the General Settings module 🡪 Conversations).
Number of days without activity before an application in automatic status is transferred to the archive: This section will define the number of days until an unanswered automated request will be transferred to Archive status.
Privacy & Security
Allow file upload - customer: Allow/block from customer upload files.
Possible file types - The possible file types which can be sent to the customer.